Friday, August 18, 2006

Extending Action Manager Styles - updated

I have updated the source code for the Extending Action Manager Styles article that was published on the Borland Developer Network site.

The original article link is:

http://bdn.borland.com/article/33461

This is the comment I also added to the article:



Hi all.

I have just updated the CodeCentral item to include a couple of bug fixes.

The updated CodeCentral (http://cc.borland.com/item.aspx?id=23960) now also includes full support for Delphi 7 (D7 specific zip included in download). If you are using Delphi 7 then extract the D7 specific zip and load the project group included.

The issues address are:

* Positioning of shortcuts on non-english systems was incorrect

* Display of Textual Separators initially wrong when windows hide menu shortcut was on

* Don't display content if the Hint is the same as the caption

You can revert this behaviour by commenting out the code mentioned in TXPExStyleRichContent.HasContent method

* Delphi 7 specific fixes

If you have issues please email me at jeremy.north@gmail.com - I don't check these messages very often.

I've also made a little progress on the new action manager style shown in the document. Here is a screenshot.

http://www.jed-software.com/images/RibbonProgress.PNG

cheers,

Jeremy

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to trying it in D7! Thanks.

6:48 AM  
Blogger iSkomorokh said...

I am quite impatient to see your new version of ActionManager style. Will you showe source code? And once more, do you know how to change the look of the root items of the ActionMainMenu? Thank you any way. Your article helped me to find some answers. You are doing a good job. Thank you.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Daniel "sakura" Wischnewski said...

I love it Jeremy. Keep those going and let me toy around with them. Just a dream come true ;)

11:52 PM  
Blogger JED said...

I have just updated the codecentral zip file with the latest code. Please download again.

8:54 AM  
Blogger JED said...

iSkomorokh:

RE: "do you know how to change the look of the root items of the ActionMainMenu"

Please download the attachment I have just uploaded for the following QC report: I've included a unit that customises the root main menu items.

Report No: 32907 Status: Reported
Disappearing menu items when switching BiDiMode of a TActionMainMenuBar
http://qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=32907

2:23 PM  
Blogger iSkomorokh said...

Dear JED, your code sample on how to change Action Manager style is GREAT. Thank you! But when I decided to make my own style I have encountered one problem. The thing is that I want to increase the number of available colors which can be used in drawing of the background or glyph. E.g. there is FrameTopLeftInner color - but I want to use FrameTopInner and FrameLeftInner colors separately. Can you give me an advise how to implement that in the best way? I have extended TXpColorMap but my approach seems to be not very nice. I can show you my code if you have some time to take a look on it. It is not much of it. Thank you!

6:23 AM  
Blogger JED said...

Sure you can send me the code if you'd like and I'll have a look at it.

Unless the color can be derived from another color, you may not be able to avoid adding new properties.

For my Office2003 style I had to add to the existing color map class extensively.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this Ribbon-Project still in development? I would really be looking forward to it

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home