Wednesday, May 17, 2006

CFBuild: Next version and warning

This post is to let people know that a new version of Compact Framework Build Helper is on the way. Probably release it on the weekend.

The release will fix 1 bug. This bug could cause your project file to be deleted if your compile ended in error. If you have been effected by this error you would have seen in the message output the message: Deleting .dpr

All delete actions are logged in the message output.

Also do not use unit names with an underscore in them. Unfortunately the MakeCFCompatible library cannot support unit names with underscores.

ie. Main_Unit.pas

I might also release a fix for the documentation since it appears I forgot to give a description of one of the options.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, your CFBuild for Delphi 2006 requires the Compact Framework Preview that is only avaible for Delphi 2005. How can I use your CFBuild without CFPreview ?

7:51 AM  
Blogger JED said...

There is no preview to download for the Delphi 2006 version.

The dccil.exe compiler includes Compact Framework Support already in Delphi 2006.

Set the compiler path to _d2006 install_\bin\dccil.exe

Set the library path to _d2006 install_\libs\cf

This information is in the getting started PDF file that is included in the installation.

cheers,
Jeremy

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But in my installation of Delphi 2006 there isn't any dccil.exe.

I have only dccil.cfg e dccil.jdbg

I'll try to install the updates of Delphi 2006 to see if I find the dccil.exe.... :)

Thanks for attention

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this problem too.
Am I missing something?
Do I need to download some update?
dccil.exe is missing?

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I try to compile a project Im getting the compiler error - F1026 File not found: '\Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.dll'
Any suggestions what Im missing?

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Compact Framework Preview for Delphi 2005 is a beta that is now time expired. I don't know why it is still on the Borland Registered Users download area. Since setting the clock back would cause too many troubles, and I can't afford to upgrade to D2006, anyone know where Delphi 2005 users can get a non time expired dccil.exe?

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home