Monday, March 07, 2005

Awesome Monitor Setup

A user of my IDE Bookmark Viewer for Delphi 2005 sent me an email a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned that the options dialog didn't show up correctly in the middle of his screens.

I am always jealous of my fellow developers that have a dual monitor setup; while I have 2 monitors on my home desk, one is a CRT and another is my laptop screen. I tried to setup a dual monitor config on my laptop but the eye strain was too much.

Anyway he sent along a screenshot of his Display Properties dialog so I could better help diagnose the problem.



I immediately found out what the problem was... He had a setup like this and I didn't!
He was kind enough to forward on some extra information about the actual setup (although he didn't answer my request for a duplicate setup so I could try and reproduce the problem has was having!).

1. 28" Sony W900 (1920x1200) (on a GeForce4 ti 4600)
2, 3, 5. Dells (1280x1024)
4. Dell 2001FP (1600x1200)
Screens 2-5 are controlled by a single Matrox G450 Quad MMS (PCI)

Oh and the issue with the Bookmark Viewer addin should be address in an upload this week. Once DCM Version 2 is released I'll release the latest Bookmark Viewer version. It has a couple of other enhancements as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I thought I was lucky using two monitors, but I can now see I'm still slumming it :-)

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 monitors,
thats brillant.

hopefully it's in a dark room on a round table in the middle of the room,
just like the movies.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home