Thursday, February 17, 2005

How is your development environment setup?

A few months ago, I posted a link to a screenshot of my desktop layout in Delphi 2005. At the time it was to provide an answer to a specific question about some functionality in the IDE. Given the post by Nick Bradbury (I'm a registered user of Top Style which is written by Nick) the other day I thought I'd publish a couple of links showing how I've setup the IDE for use and how a couple of my current projects appear in it.

Please note, I have not scaled the images and my development laptop runs at 1920 x 1200 (they are around 400k each).


Please forgive the state of the websites attached, I'm a little busy doing other things at the moment but a new site is being worked on!

I've nearly switched all of my current projects over to StarTeam and I am liking it a whole lot better than VSS. The integration into Delphi 2005 is excellent and I can also use it to track my Change Requests.

I don't use many 3rd Party Components, preferring to use what's included in Delphi or write my own. It looks like I will be using the Web Update component from TMSSoftware though.

I have been using InstallAware for my tools and the next releases of both projects mentioned will include installations.

I'm currently trialing FinalBuilder and liking what I see. Now I just need to get a decent tool to create Help Files...

Better get back to work, the DCM beta was due yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home